4 Engineer Battalion
About Engineer Battalion
To improve the tactical mobility and physical infrastructure of the force and to contribute resources to national development
- Ensure the operational readiness of all land transport in the force.
- Ensure the serviceability of all waterpumps,lighting plants and other electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Undertake and monitor all construction and maintenance programs.
- Erect and/or destroy all field defences.
- Construct roads, airstrips, water points, ammunition depots, bridges etc, in support of other units.
- Undertake IED/EOD operations.
- Organise and conduct training for junior officers and ranks of the unit
- Provide engineering advice and support to DHQ and other units of the force
Role of 41 Constr coy
- Undertake and monitor all construction and maintenance programs conducted by the force
Role of 42 FDCoy
- To assist or support troops to live move and fight
- To assist in denying the same ability to the enemy
Role of 43 EME Coy
To provide maintenance, repairs and fabrication work to vehicles.
Ensure the serviceability of all water pumps, lighting plants and other electrical and mechanical equipment.