About the Medical Corps
To provide primary medical and dental care to all the members of the Force and their immediate families.
- In order for Medical Corps to execute its role the following tasks are assigned:
- Medically examine and screen all applicants and members of the Force.
- Conduct dental inspections of all applicants and members of the Force.
- Liaise with the Ministry of Health for all aspects of training beyond the capabilities of the GDF.
- Advise the COS of health matters.
- Support medical outreach operations.
- Provide ambulatory care to members of the Force.
- Establish a preventative health care programme.
- Conduct health education training.
- Conduct annual examination for all ranks.
- Advise, evaluate and administer and environmental health programme.
- Provide Hospitalization when necessary.
- Conduct psychological profiling at these stages:
- In processing
The Medical Corps is administrated by a Captain, the Medical department is headed by a Major the FMO and the Dental FDO. The HQ is situated in Base Camp Ayanganna and it has the following facilities:
- A Medical laboratory
- Treatment room
- Medical Wards
- VCT Site
- Minor Theatre
- 2 Dental surgeries
- Dental Lab