Legal Services Department
TASKS OF THE LEGAL SERVICES DEPARTMENT
- Advising the Chief of Staff on all legal matters.
- Conducting court-martial
- Liasing with the Director of Public Prosecutions.
- Assisting and advising Unit Commanders and Commanding Officers on framing charges against members of the Force.
- Conducting Legal Aid Clinics.
- Conducting Military Law Courses and Lectures.
- Monitoring court matters involving members of the Force.
- Representing the GDF in civil matters.
ROLE OF THE DEPARTMENT
- To provide legal advice and assistance to all servicemen, servicewomen, Units and Departments of the Force.
PAST OFFICERS COMMANDING
- Lieutenant Colonel Joseph Harmon
- Woman Major Ann McLennan
- Woman Captain Tracy Gibson
CURRENT OFFICER COMMANDING
- Woman Captain Hollice Peters